Monday, October 1, 2012

DSDN112 - WIP - "Futuristic" Animations" + Redraw.

Basic Animation.
So, playing around with animation tweaks, cross-converting etc, Flash decides it doesn't like my graphics, as you can see below everything went pomf, and decided to invite all their little pixel buddies to the party. But, more of less, gave me a basic idea of animation.


WIP 1 PixelatedToTheStars from Saiyangoat on Vimeo.

So, this happened.
After becoming frustrated and annoyed at   the hateful entity that is Flash CS5.5 for Mac, I decided to ditch apple and re-draw everything on my desktop PC, woo. + tablet <3. Anyway, before I get side tracked, all graphics ended up being re-drawn in flash so I had native running vector files that could easily be edited and changed without having to use any other programs, graphics remained the same but with some minor tweaks and such.

As you can see, animation below shows somewhat... a form of development I guess. Yay. LongParagraphicsBecauseViemoConvertsSlowly.





DSDN112 DigitalInterFace PalmOS from Saiyangoat on Vimeo.

Exported at a low-setting, so final product will look 100% better than that horrible video.

To Do List | Whats Done. ( ETAs)
  • Interface Graphics. 100%. ETA: Completed.                                                                 
    • Detail Graphics.  60% ETA: Tuesday.                                                           
  • Buttons. 100%. ETA: Completed.  
  • Menus.
    • Navigation 100%. ETA: Completed.                                                                    
    • Weather 100%. ETA: Completed.                                                                             
    • Application Menu 0% ETA: Tuesday.
    • My Victoria 0% ETA: Tuesday.
  • Interface Graphics, redrawn as vectors. 100%. ETA: Completed.
  • Icons. 50% ETA: Tuesday.
  • Interface Animation. 100%. ETA: Completed.
  • Color Scheme Option(s). 100%. ETA: Completed.
  • Picking a Color Scheme. 20% ETA: Wednesday.
  • Maps 2D. 70% ETA: Tuesday.
  • Maps 3D. 100%. ETA: Completed.   
  • Maps Hybrid. 60% ETA:Wednesday.
  • "Nexus" Center piece animation. <This one may not be done, as I've forgotten how to emulate a particle service in flash.> 
 AIM:
Completion by Wednesday Night, Thursday to go over and refine+feed back, possibly refine animation abit more smooth because when you see it, it'll annoy you, so I hope you don't notice what I just noticed. :)

Anything that is crossed out has been completed, I will upload them one by one as soon as menus and maps have been completed. Numbers next to them is a rought estimate on how far I am on topic / eta.
This was created for the sole purpose of me tracking my own progress, but I posted it here anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment