Sunday, September 9, 2012

Inspirations, Ideas and thoughts: 001

Seeing as this is going to be a digital navigational interface, I wanted to think out side the box, although, I fear everyone is going to be doing something that relates to Hyper-reality or Argument-Reality, therefor I could prove to become unoriginal amongst the masses. However, besides the first post I did, here are more inspirational images and such I want to try incorporate ideas from as many as possible.

Being a half-blooded comes in handy relating to pop-culture half the time, seeing as I grew up with an extensive Asian background which lead to watch alot of  Chinese and other foreign cartoons and just happens to still stick.


An example of Argumented-Reality, would be the image above, a device that allows the user(s) to see virtual images in three dimensional space, in other words reality.  I would like to use something like this in my storyboard/video, the idea of both digital and physical realms? really interests me, as it is something that is not only in development by companies like Microsoft and Google Android but it has also been shown in thousands of Si-Fi movies and video games, an on going, ever evolving idea, which I would wish to refine for the use of navigational purposes.

Other things I was looking at were more physical, interactive devices, such as a "map-orb" thingy, from another cartoon I follow, as shown below.




















The way the author of the series designed this spherical device was compact, a small sphere that uncompressed to show holographic images of an area, inside or outside depending on what the user wants to view or has discovered and mapped. I liked the idea of an object that projects into something bigger, the idea of compact and space saving, the ability to set markers which would show up on a user heads-up-display.




RE: from Bram Snijders / SITD on Vimeo.

This video is a demonstration of exploring and merging alternate realities. What I like about this is although simple, it shows a slowly merging and unwinding of the digital and physical worlds, if I were to use this as a navigational element, I would light up certain buildings, foot paths, etc to show the user what direction to head in, routes to take, etc.






Augmented (hyper)Reality: Domestic Robocop from Keiichi Matsuda on Vimeo.


Although I already posted this, I liked this, in terms of detail, the person who created this short film paid attention to detail it makes me ask myself, if hyper-reality did exist would advertising actually be like this? Millions and millions of virtual windows cluttering your personal space upon waking up in the morning, going for a walk outside? Is this truely the evolution of consumerism? etc.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment