Saturday, August 11, 2012

DSDN112 - A Post. Thoughts and Experement Reflections.

Even if magnets remain attractiveness though your hands and wrist, don't try move them up your arm. :')


After I had discovered my ferro-fluid had gone ahead and decided to dry up when I was ready to start creating prototype models for my Interactive Object, I needed to find a new solution to alter the idea and the material it uses.

  • Looking back into Non-Newtonian, although messy and more of a liquid than ferro, It can be contained and hopefully mess-restrained, I shall look into this further.
  • Another possibility is colored oil, as it explodes when interacting with certain forces, like sound and frequency.

During presentation on our storyboards, I had been asked if it was possible to draw or create images with my device regarding the ferro-fluid, seeing as it actually stains everyone... and everything it touches since my fluid was MICR Ink based, the answer was yes.

I can produce this same result with non-newtonian fluid if I'm able to create a way for users to change or manipulate the color of the fluid, or even just keep it a single primary. Add colored oil? maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment