Saturday, August 18, 2012

DSDN112 - The story so far. - Inc, wall of text.

Current Box.
This is the box from my first prototype/model. What I'm intending to do is add additional speakers to direct fluid, via vibration/sound wave.

Another ones trash, is an others uni project?...
These were the additional speakers I intended to use, sadly, these speakers were weaker than the 9v adapter I had been using and testing a more powerful adapter just caused them to not even function.

The resolve... this lead me to focus more on the visual aspect, while trying to find a way around the additional speaker requirement that I have ended up lacking. I started looking into manipulating the forms that are created, rather than painting, so in terms more focuses on "Sculpting With Sound" Sound Sculptures? rather than painting, as I have limited time.

Moving on... a cover for the speaker cone.

So moving on from my dilemma, I decided to start focusing on the clean-ability of the object, which lead me to create a simple cover, which would lock-in a plastic film over the speaker, only issue with this is that it "IS" required for the process to work, but will need replacing every time liquid is changed. Shouldn't cause a large problem though.

Along with this, I've decided to stick with using a basic wall A/C Adapter as my power source for the object, though I do heavily regret this a pack of batteries isn't cutting the effect I'm after, so, the adapter stays.

So I went to the junk palace... 3$ SUP.
Invested in a new speaker. :') Time for an upgrade.





Paint + Water-proffer in one can, who would of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment